Scope of Work
- Client is a mobile advertising technology company. The company provides a suite of products and services for businesses that depend on consumer phone calls to drive sales. The platform helps optimize marketing budgets and spend across all paid media channels—search, display and video, social, and websites—to deliver insights into which media channel ultimately drove the phone call. One can then optimize marketing spend and focus on reaching more of these customers faster than the competition.
- The current technology platform in existence was a giant monolith that was becoming harder to maintain, extend and scale. It was not keeping up with the scalability and performance requirements. The scope of work included to rearchitect the platform from the ground up and devise a new design language that will be used across products.
- The solution disrupts traditional enterprise architectures and enables bigger scale. The solution uses polyglot persistence and polyglot programming. Coupled with the elasticity of AWS Cloud, the new architecture achieves infinite scale.
Technologies and Tools
- Spring Boot Framework for REST API development using JAVA programming language. (Microservices based backend architecture)
- Spring Cloud Service Zuul as the API gateway
- Spring Cloud Service Eureka for API discovery
- PostgreSQL as database for some components, Neo4j for connected data
- Redis Cache as the in-memory database for caching
- Hybrid Cloud Deployment model with some components hosted On Premise & some on AWS
- Auth0 Identity Platform
- Apache Kafka as the Messaging Middleware
- Docker Swarm Clustering for deploying the components easily & scaling
- Prometheus & Grafana for application instrumentation and monitoring
- GitHub as the source code version control system
- Atlassian Jira for projects management using the agile methodology