Test Opportunity and Scope
- Design & develop API & UI test automation framework for Web & Mobile application.
- Web application automation has to be executed on various browsers on Windows & MacOS; and on Chrome on Android Tab.
- Automation of mobile applications on iOS & Android.
- Setting up a test environment for end-to-end integration tests between Web & Mobile.
- Detailed reporting with screenshots & logs.
- Executing automation runs in sync with the daily build cycles (using Jenkins.)
- Ease of writing test cases using BDD (Gherkin-style test cases.)
- Developed a common automation framework in Ruby for Web & Mobile Integration tests.
- Carried out a detailed PoC for various tools, technologies, and techniques.
- Used various tools – Selenium WebDriver (Ruby) for Web, Selendroid (Ruby) for Android Chrome, Calabash for Android+iOS, and Cucumber framework for BDD.
- API test automation also integrated within the framework.
- Test Data & Object Repositories were externalized in CSV files for easy updates.
- Setup jobs in Jenkins for execution of automation runs tied with the development build jobs.
- Used Cucumber reporting for generating detailed reports & screenshots of failures in Jenkins.